- P. Ray & Gupta, Caraka Samhita: A Scientific Synopsis, 1961-63. Published by INSA, 1965. Reprinted 1980.
- S.N. Sen, A.K. Bag & S. R. Sarma, A Bibliography of Sanskrit Works on Astronomy and Mathematics, 1961-64. Published by INSA, 1966.
- H.D. Sankalia, Some Aspects of Prehistoric Technology in India, 1968-69. Published by INSA, New Delhi, 1970.
- P.Ray H.N. Gupta & Mira Roy, Susruta Samhita: A Scientific Synopsis, 1969-71. Published by INSA, 1980. Reprinted 1993.
- Bina Chatterjee, Sisyadhivrddhidatantra of Lalla (critical edition with Commentary of Mallikarjuna Suri), 1969-71. Published by INSA, 1981.
- Bina Chatterjee, Sisyadhivrddhidatantra of Lalla (English translation with mathematical notes.) 1969-71. Published by INSA, 1981.
- S.N. Sen & A.K. Bag, The Sulba-Sutras of Baudhayana, Apastamba, Katyayana and Manava (with English translation and commentary), 1969-71. Published by INSA, 1983.
- S.N. Sen & Mamata Chaudhuri, Ancient glass in India, 1968-71. Published by INSA, 1985.
- K.V. Sarma, Aryabhatiya of Aryabhata (critical edition with English translation and notes), 1974-76. Published by INSA, 1976, on the occasion of the 1500th Brith Anniversary Celebration of Aryabhata.
- K.V. Sarma, Aryabhatiya of Aryabhata (with commentary of Suryadeva Yajvan, critical edition), 1974-76. Published by INSA, 1976,on the occasion of the 1500th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Aryabhata.
- K.S. Shukla, Aryabhata of Aryabhata (with commentary of Bhaskara I and Somesvara, critical edition), 1974-76. Published by INSA, 1976,on the occasion of the 1500th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Aryabhata.
- R.N. Rai, Aryabhatiya (with Hindi translation and notes), 1975-76. Published by INSA, 1976, on the occasion of the 1500th Birth Anniversary Celebration of Aryabhata.
- K.S. Shukla, Vatesvara Siddhanta, Sankrit Text (Vol.I), 1980-83. Published by INSA, 1986.
- K.S. Shukla, Vatesvara Siddhanta, English translation with notes (Vol.II), 1980-83. Published by INSA, 1986.
- A.N. Singh & R.S. Singh, “A Critical Study of Flora of Kautilya Arthasastra,” 1980-83. A.N. Singh obtained PhD on the project from the Department of Rasashastra, Institute of Medical Science, Banaras Hindu University.
- S.D.A. Joga Rao & S. Ramaiah, “Interaction between Science and Society in Acient India with special reference to Caraka and Susruta Samhita,” 1980-83. S.D.A. Joga Rao obtained PhD on the project from the Department of Philosophy, Andhra University.
- George Abraham & T.S. Kuppanna Sastry,” Relation of Babylonian and Indian Mathmethical,” 1980-82. Report submitted.
- Mamata Chandhuri & H.C. Hazra,” Scientific Information in Puranas,” 1980-83. Report submitted.
- S. Sundra Rajan, “ Bibliography of Snakrit Works in Biological Sciences,” 1980-82. Discontinued.
- K.V. Sarma, “ A Critical Edition and Study of Brhat Samhita of Varahamihira with the commentary Utpala Parimala of Yogi,” 1980-83. Report submitted.
- V.D. Vyas & R.S. Singh, “ Acritical Study of Flora in Astadhyayi of Panini,” 1980-83. V.D. Vyas obtained PhD on the project from the Department of Rasashastra, Institute of Medical Sciences, Banaras Hindu University.
- A.S. Ramanathan, “Weather Science from the vedic Period upto 12th Century,” 1983-86. Report submitted. Following publications appeared in the IJHS:
(i) “Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India I : The Yajna Concept of the
Aryans,” 21.1 (1986) 7-14.
(ii) “Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India II : Indra in Rgveda,” 21.1 (1986) 15-21.
(iii) “Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India III : A Conceptual Model of the Rainfall Process (Vedic period),” 22.1 (1987) 1-6.
(iv)“Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India IV : A Conceptual Model of the
Rainfall Process (Post Vedic Period),” 22.1 (1987)7-14.
(v) “Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India V : Principles of Forecasting Rainfall in Ancient India (Long Rang),” 22.3 (1987)175-90.
(vi)“Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India VI : Principles of Forecasting Rainfall in Ancient India (Short and Medium Range),” 22.3 (1987) 191-97.
(vii) “Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India VII: A Scientific Assessment of the Rules of Rainfall Forecasting Practiced in Ancient India,” 22.3 (1987) 198-204.
(viii) “Contribution to Weather Science in Ancient India VIII: Observation and Measurement of Meteorological Parameters in Ancient India,” 22.4 (1987) 277-85.
- Srinarayan Tiwari & R.S. Singh, “ A Critical Study of Flora and other Botanical Notices in the Vedic Period, “ 1983-86. Report submitted.
- Santosh Saran & H.C. Bhardwaj, “ Science and Technology during Gupta Period,” 1983-86. Santosh obtained PhD on the project from the Department of Ancient History, Culture & Archaeology, Banaras Hindu University. Report Published.
- G.N. Chaturvedi,” A Critical study of Madhava Nidana,” 1983-84. Discontinued due to the demise of the investigator.
- P.V. Sharma, “A Critical Edition with a commentary of Cakradatta – Ratnaprabha: Cakrapani’s Works on Medicine,” 1983-86. Report published by Jay Ramdas Trust, Jaipur, 1993.
- A.N. Singh & R.S. Singh, “Dye and Dye Plants in India (based on Sankrit Sources),” 1983-86. Report not submitted.
- L.C. Jain, “Labdhisara of Nemicandra Siddhanta Cakravarti,” 1984-86 Report submitted. Published part I, by the SSMK Jain Trust, Katni M.P. 1994.
- T.S. Kuppanna Sastry, “ Text with English translation and notes of Vedanga Jyotisa of Lagadha in its Rk and Yajus Recensions,” 1984-85. Published by INSA, 1985.
- R.C. Gupta,” Transmission of Scientific Ideas (Mathmethics/Astronomy) in India and Abroad during Ancient Time,” 1985-88. Report not submitted.
- R.S. Singh, “A Critical Edition of Dhanvantari Nighantu,” 1985-88 Discontinued.
- N.R. Banerjee, “A Survey of Metals and Metallurgy in India,” 1986-88 Discontinued.
- B.V. Subbarayappa, “ Rasahrdaya Tantra, critical with English translation, “1986-88. Report published in the IJHS 32. 1-2 (1997) supplement.
- B.V. Subbarayappa, “A Source Book on Chemical Practices, with English translation and notes,” 1986-88. Report submitted.
- H.C. Bharadwaj & Vijay Lakshmi Sharma, “Tools, Appliances and Equipments in Ancient India,” 1986-88. Report published by Shilpi Published, Allahabad, 1997, under the title Technology, Tools and Appliances (A Study based on Archoeological Finds).
- P.V. Sharma (ed.), History of Medicine in India, 1987-89. Special monograph published by INSA, 1992.
- A.K. Biswas, “Minerals and Metals in Ancient India upto 1200 A.D. from Sankrit Literature and other Sources,” 1987-90. Report published by D.K. Print world, New Delhi, 1996 (in two volumes).
- K.S. Shukla, “ A Critical Study of Laghumanasa of Manjula,” 1987-90. Report published by INSA, 1990.
- S.N. Sen, “Study of Scientific Concepts in Brahmanical, Buddhist and Jaina Literature in Ancient India,” 1988-90. Report submitted.
- K.T. Achya, “Indian Food,” 1988-90. Report published by Oxford University Press, 1990, under the title The Compendium of Indian Food. Publications in the IJHS:
- (i) “Alcoholic Fermentation and its Products in Ancient India, “26.2 (1991) 123-29.
- (ii) “Indian Oil Press (Ghani), “27.1 (1992) 5-13.”
A book entitled Ghani-The traditional Oil-mill of India was also published by Olearius Editions, USA, 1993.
- A.K. Mishra, “Ancient Indian Animal husbandry and Agraian Relation in Ancient India, “1988. Did not commerce.
- Sibdas Chaudhuri, “Scientific Information in the Inscription inscribed in Sankrit, Pali and Prakrit Language, “1988-89. Report submitted.
- P.V. Tewari, “A Critical Study of Kasyapa Samhita (Vrdha fivaka Tanka) English translation, Varansi 1996.
- P.V. Sharma, “Text with English translation of the Cakradatta, “ 1989-91. Report published by Chaukhambha Orientalia, Varanasi and Delhi, 1994.
- L.C. Jain, “The Pratara Ratnavali of Muni Ratnacandra (English translation with notes), “1989-90. Report submitted.
- N.N. Sircar, “Viksayurveda of Parasara with English translation and notes, “1989-91. Report published by Sri Satguru Publications, Delhi, 1994.
- B.N. Mukherjee, “Preparation of Historical Atlas in India – Saka- Kusana Age,” 1990-93. Report not submitted.
- George Abraham, “Astronomical Parameters,” 1990-93. Report Submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Mean Sun and Moon in the Ancient-Greek and Indian Astronomy,” 26.4 (1991) 383-87.
- Bhagwan Dash, “Restoration of Amrta Astanga Hrdaya Guhyopadesa Tantra, A lost Ayurvedic Text, “1990-95. Report published by Sri Satguru Publications, Delhi, 1995 (in 4 parts).
- Mahadev Dutta, “Mathematical Models in Bijaganita of Bhaskaracarya II,” 1991-93. Report submitted.
- Manobendu Banerjee, “ The Technique of Architecture as revealed in Puranas,” 1992-96. Report not submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Sankrit Vastu Works on Soil Testing, “31.3 (1996) 259-68.
- L., C. Jain, “Mathematical Contents in Digambara Jaina Texts of Karanauyoga Group, “1994-95. Report submitted. Publications in the IJHS:
- (i) “Constant-set (Dhruva Rasi) Technique in Jaina School of Astronomy’ 28.4 (1993) 303-308.
- (ii) “The Method for finding out the Number of Moons and their Families in the Tiloyapannatti,” 30.1 (1995) 57-70.
- (iii) “Certain special Features of the ancient Jaina Calendar,” 30.2-4 (1995) 1.3-131.
- A.K. Jha, “Numismatics and Technology for Coin Making in India,” 1992-97. Report submitted.
- Mamata Chaudhuri, “History of Textile & Weaving Technology,” 1992-95. Did not commerce the project.
- Adhir Chakraborty, “Technical Terms related to Ecology, Climatology, Agriculture, Minerology in Inscriptions (AD 600-1250), “ 1992-93. Discontinued due to the demise of the investigator.
- A.N. Sharma, “A Critical Evaluation of Susruta’s Contribution to Surgery, “1992-94. Report submitted.
- Lallanji Gopal, “History of Agriculture Sciences in India,”1992-93. Discontinued due to the demise of the investigator.
- S. Balachandra Rao, “A Comparative Study of Indian Astrophysical System Vis-à-vis Modern System in Computation of plants.” 1993-96. Report submitted. Published Ancient Indian Astronomy: Planetary Positions and Ecipses, B.R. publishing Corporation, Delhi, 2000.
- Kamal Kumar Jain, “Ancient Indian Building Technology (from Chalcolithic period to Gupta period),” 1994-95. Did not commence.
- N.L. Jain, “Translation of Chapter 2-5 of Akalanka’s Commentary on Umasvati’s Aphoristic Treatise on Jaina System of Philosophy,” 1994-95. Report submitted.
- Jayantee Bhattacharya, “English translation of Hastyayurveda of palakapya,” 1995-95. Discontinued.
- Sushma Zadoo, “English translation of Brahmasphutasiddhanta of Brahmagupta, with critical notes, analysis and intoduction,” 1993-94. Discontinued.
- B. Sasisekaran, Iron Metallurgy and Industry in Ancient Tamil Nadu,”1994-98. Report submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
(i)(with A. Raghunatha Rao), “Guntur – An Iron Age Industrial Centre in Dharampuri District,” 32.4 (1997) 347-59.
- P.K. Mukhopadhyaya, “Indian Science – A Logical Historical Study of some Physical and Mathematical Concepts in Indian Tradition,” 1994-96. Report submitted.
- George Abraham, “Ancient Star Catalogue, “ 1994-96. Completed. Report not submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Ancient and Medical Star Catalogue,” 32.1 (1997) 47-52.
- A.K. Bag, “Critical Assessment of Suryasiddhanta with the help of the Commentaries and other Contemporary Siddhantas,” 2000.
- K.V. Sarma, “Inventory of Oriental Institute,” 1994-94. Report submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “In Quest of Early Manusripts / Collections dealing with Science Technology in India,”32.2 (1997) 161-72.
- R.N. Singh, “English Translation of Dhanvantari Nighantu,” 1995-98. Report not submitted.
- S.Y. Wakankar, “English Translation of a book Hindu Silpa Sastra-Par I Prastavana Khanda, “ 1995-96. Report not submitted.
- K.D. Abhyankar, New Light on Pre-Siddhantic Astronomy, “1995-98. Report submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Misidenfication of some Naksatras,”26.1 (1991) 1-10.
- (ii) “A Search for the earliest Vedic calendar,” 28.1 (1993) 1-14.
- (iii) (with G.M. Ballabh) “Kaliyuga, Saptasrsi, Yudhisthira and Laukik Era,” 31.1 (1996) 19-34.
71. N.L Jain, “ English Translation of Chapter 1,6 and 9 of Akalanka’s commentary on Aphoristic text Tattavartha Sutra ,”1995-97 .Reports submitted
- D.P.Agrawal , “Ancient Metal Technoly in India , Thailand and Japan ,”1996-2000 .Reports published by Aryan Book International , Delhi 2000
- K.V.Raman , “Glossary of Scientific and Technolycal terms tamil inscription (900-1300AD),”1996-99.Report submitted.
- M.R.Adhikari ,” Work on some eminent mathematicians with special reference
To Madhava’s work ,” 1996-99.Report awaited. Publication in the IJHS.
- (i) (With A Mukhopadhaya)”The concept of cyclic quadrilaterals and its Origin and development in India,” 32.1(1997)53-68.
- S.K. Kalra &G.C Prasad,” Re-evalution of ancient Veterinary Science literature on equine,” 1996-97.Discontinued. Publication in IJHS:
(i)” modern veterinary Science litrature to the Growth of relevant knowledge in Ancient India.”22.2(1987)141-147.
- Jyotir Mitra ,”Bhela Samhita –An English translation with Notes,”1996-99.Report awaited.
- A.N Sharma,” The concept of marma,”1996-99.Report submitted .
- Nisar Ahmed,” Early Indian coins; Investigation of chemical composition,”1996-97.Report not submitted.
- J.V.Narlikar ,”Search for historical reference of sighting Crab Supernova of 1054AD,”1997-99.Report submitted.
- N.L.Jain ,”Subjectwise Classification of content of prakrit canonical texts upto 5th cent .AD with English traslation .”1997-2000.Report awaited.
- S.M.Bhave ,”The scientific method in Indian thought ,”1997-99.Report submitted.
- A.M.Shastri,”Varahamihira and Indian science (Non-astronomical),”1997-99.Report awaited.
- Sunil Behari Sen Sharma,”Kautilya’s arthasastra in the light of Modern Science and Technology,”1997-99.Report Published as a book.
- K.Rajan,”Tradetional methods and present status of the bead making and pearl chank diving in Tamil Nadu,”1997-99.Report submitted.
- Ashok Majumdar,”Pulse Examination in ayurveda,”1998-2000.Reported submitted.
- K.P.Shukla,”Psychiatryin Brhat Trayi,”1998-2000.Report submitted
- S.R.Sarma ,”A Descriptive catalogue of Indian astronomical and time Mesuring Instrument,”1998-.On-going.Publication in the IJHS:
(i)”Yantraraja :The Astrolabe in Sanskrit,”34.2(1999)145-58.
(ii)”Katapayadi Notation on a Sanskrit astrolabe,”34.4(1999)273-87.
(iii)”Sultan ,Suri and the astrolabe ,”35.2(2000)129-47.
(iv)”A Brief introduction to the astronomical instruments preserved in khuda bakhsh Library,Patna,”Khuda Bakhsh Library Journal,No.118(December 1999)1-10.
- K.V Sharma ,”Science Manuscripts in Sanskrit: Method for their study and Critical Edition ,”1998-2000.Report awaited.Publication in the IJHS.
- S.K.Chatterjee,”History of Indian Calendrical Sytem-Panchanga,”1999-.On going.Publication in the IJHS:
(i)”2000AD A leap year,”33.4(1998)299-300.
Gautam Sengupta,”History of Pottery in Eastern India,”1999-.On going.
Mridula Sahai,”Scientific Survey of importance of lac in Ancient India,”2000-2002.Report submitted.
K.V.Raman ,”Glossary of Scientific and Tecnological Terms from Tamil literature upto 1300AD,”2000-.On- going.
- N..Athiyaman,’History of Anchor Technology in India ,”2000-.On-going.
- M.A.Alvi&A.Rahman ,Fatullah Shirazi-A Sixteenth Century Indian Scientist.1964-67.Published by INSA,1968.
- M.A.Alvi&A. Rahman,Jahangir,the Naturalist,1964-67. Published by INSA,1968.
- A.Rahman, M.A. Alvi, S.A. Khan Ghori & K.V. Sambamurthy , Science and Technology in Medieval India , -A Bibliography of Source Materials inm Sanskrit, Arabic and Persian, 1964-70.Published by INSA,1982
- S.A. Khan, A Bibliography of the Works of Abu’l Raihan Al-Biruni, 1968-70. Published by INSA,1982.
- Mira Roy and B.V.Subbarayappa, Rasarnavakalpa, edited and translated into English. 1972-75. Published by INSA,1976. Reprinted 1993.
- B.V.Subbarayappa (ed), Scientific & Technical Exchange between India and Central Asia in Medieval Period,1980-84.Published by INSA,1985.
- H.K.Naqvi,”Different Coloring Agents and their Appilication in Dyeing,Printing and Painting,”1980-83.Report submitted.Publication in the IJHS:
(i)”Color Making and Dyeing of Cotton Textiles in Medieval Hindustan,” 15.1(1980)58-70.
- Rifat Ara & Maqbool Ahamed,”Handicraft of Kashmir . Papier-Mache,”1980-83.Rifat Ara obtained M.Phil degree on the project under the supervision of Prof.Ahmad from Kashmir University.
- 9. R.R.Sundariyal & V.K.Verma ,”Investigation in Medieval Mining and Metallurgical Technique and Future Prospect in Garhwal on the basis of the old Metal Work,”1980-83.PhD work carried out by R.R.Sundariyal.Report not submitted.
- 10. S.M.R.Ansari & S.A.KhanGhori,”A Comperative Study of the Astronomical instrument of Maharaja Jai Singh and the central and West Asian School of Astronomy,”1981-83.Report not submitted.
- 11. Shailender singh Bisht & C.Prasad,”Study in the geological aspects of the Medieval land use in Garhwal Region,”1981-83.PhDwork carried out by S.S Bisht under Dr.prasad,Department of Geology, Srinagar ,Garhwal. Report not submitted.
- 12. S.P.Raychaudhari & J.K.Maheswari,”Plant Grafting Techniques in the Madieval Period,”1981-83.Discountinue.
- 13. D.Joshi,”A project on Rasratna Sammuccaya,”1981-83.Report published in the IJHS as supplement .
- 14. K.V.Samba Murthy ,”A Bibliography of Secondary Source Materials on the Science of India ,Vol.1,”1981-83.Report submitted .
- 15. V.J.Deshpande , Kamal Sheel & S.K. Trehan ,”Transmisson of Scientific Ideas and Techniques,”1982-85,Report submitted Published in the IJHS:
(i)”Medieval Trasmission of Alchemical and Chemical Ideas between India and China ,”22.1(1987)15-28.
16. S.A.H.Rizvi &W.G.Abdi,” bahal-Din Amuli’s Khulasat al-Hisab Translation with introduction and notes,”1983-86.Report submitted.
17. Indian and Soviet Scholars (Editor),Interaction between Indian and Soviet CentralAsian Science and Technology in Medieval Times,Two volume,198386,PublishedbyINSA,1990.Russian version published by USSR Academy of Science.
18. S.P.Raychudhari & M.Mazumdar,”Study of the Development of Agricalture Science in the Medieval Period,”1983-86.Report submitted.Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Risala Dar falahat" (A Persian Manuscipt on Agriculture and Horticulture) 19.4(1984)341-360.
19.H.K.Naqvi ,” Technique of Textile Crafts in the 13-18th Century ,” 1984-
86. Reported submitted.Publication in the IJHS.
(i)”Some Varieties of Indian Silken Stuffs in Persian Sources ,C.1200-
20.S.M.R.Ansari,”A Critical Edition of Zij-I-Muhammad Shahi,” 1984-88.Report not submitted.
21.B.V.Subbarayappa,”Bibliography of Science & Technology in Kannada Language ,”1986-88. Report not submitted.
22. Jawed Ashraf,”Antiquity of selected Latin America Plants in India in the Pre-Colonial Period ,”1986-89.Report not submitted.
23. A.Rahman ,”Science Atlas,”1986-89.Report submitted.
24. D.Joshi,’Sarangadhara Samhita, text and its traslation in English along with a comprehensive introduction of the scope of Ayurvedic Pharmaceutics,” 1987-88.Did not commence the Project.
25. S.Maqbul Ahmad,”Analysis of some Persian Geographical Works produced in India during the Middle ages,”1987-88.Report submitted.
- 26. M.S Rangachari, K. V. Sarma & P. G Nambiar, “Editon and Translation of Sadratnamala,”1988-89. Discontinued.
- 27. M.S. Khan, “Ali Bin Raban at-Tabari: A 9th century Arab Physician on Ayurveda, “ 1988-89. Discontinued.
- 28. Nirmal Saxena, “A Critical Study of Yogaratnakara,” 1988-90. Report published by Chaukhambha Orentalia, Varanasi, 1995. Publication in the IJHS:
- (1) “Yogaratnakara: An important Source Book in Medicine, 27.1(1992) 15-29.
- 29. R.L. Verma, “Unani Medicine in India- Hakims and Hospitals,” 1989-90.Discontinued.
30. Vijaya Jayanta Deshpande, “A Critical Study of Sanskrit Alchemical Text Rasopanisad,”1990-93. Report submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) Vangastambhanasodhana- A Chapter on Metallurgy of Tin in Sanskrit Alchemical Text Rasopanisad, “27.2 (1992) 121-31.
- (ii) “Sulbarakalikacchedah: Medieval Methods for Cleansing Metal Surfaces and Removing Tarnishes,” 29.2 (1997) 315-28.
31. L. V. Guru, “Critical Edition of the Bhava Prakasa with English translation,” 1990-93. Discontinued
32. K.N. Pandita, “Evolution of Kashmir Shawl craft and design, based on Persian sources,” 1990-92. Report submitted.
33. S.K.Misra,’The Temple of Orissa- A Historical Documentation of its structural Engineering Aspects,” 1991-92. Did not commence the project.
34. Baldeo Sahai,’ Shipping and Ship Building in India – Medieval Period,” 1991-93. Report published by Publication Division, New Delhi, 1996, under the title Indian Shipping: Historical Survey.
35. A.K.Biswas,” Minerals and Metals in Pre-Modern period (1200-1900 AD),” 1991-94. Report Under Print. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Gem minerals in pre-Modern India,”29.3 (1994) 389-420.
- (ii) “Non-Gem Minerals in Pre-modern India,” 29.3 (1994) 421-463.
- (iii) "Iron and steel in Pre-modern India,”29.4 (1994) 579-610.
36.M.A. Alvi,”The Process of Modernization of Indian Science (17-18 century),” 1991-94. Report not submited.
37.S.Zafar Mahmud,”The Physical Sciences in Medieval India,” 1991.Discontinued.
38.K.S.Shukla,”Eclipses and Occultation in India Astromy,” 1991-92.Discontinued due to the illness of the investigator.
39. M.S.Khan ,”Arabic Source Materials for the History of Science in India,” 1992-93.Discontinued.
40. R.K. Kochhar,”Analysis of selected astro-mathematical manuscript in Persian at Salarjung Museum,”1992-93. Discontined.
41. Nirmal Saxena,”English Translation of Vaidya jivana of Lolimbaraja,1993-96. Report submitted. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Lolimbaraja and his contribution to Medicine,’ 32.4 (1997) 361-367.
42. V.S. Narasimhan,”Translation with Critical notes in English of Nilakantha Somayaji's Tantra Sangraha,”1993-95. Report Published in the IJHS as Supplement. 33.1-2-3(1998),34.4(1999).
43. Raju Poundurai,” Granery Architecture of Medieval South India,”1994.Did not commence.
44. G.D. Singhal,”Bhaskara Bhatta’s Sarira Padmini,”1990-94, Discontinued due to the demise of investigator.
45. D. Joshi,’Rasa Prakasa Sudhakara,critical study,edition and translation, 1994-97.Report submitted.
46 S.C.Sankhyadhar,’EnglishTranslation and Critical commentary on Raja Nighantu,”1994-97. Report submitted.
47. Zillur Rahman,”Hakim Ali Gilani’s commentary on Ibn Sina’s Al-Quanum,”1994. Discontinued.
48. Noorul Hasan Khan,S.M.R.Ansari & S.A Khan Ghori,”Descriptive Catalogue of Arabic Persion Mansucript sources in Sciences,”1995-98. Report submitted.
49. K.VSeth & S.andhre,’Catalaogue of Manuscripts on History of science from the collection of L.D. Institute of Indology,’Ahmedabad, 1996-98.Report not submitted.
50. S.Andhare,”The Science and Art of Calligraphy and Painting (excluding Islamic),” 1996-98. Report submitted.
51. R.J.Vasavada,”Some Aspects of Traditional Utilitarian Architecture,” 1996-99. Completed. Report awaited.
52. Bakul Jani,’a Critical Scientific Analysis of Select Maru-gurjara Architecture,’1996-99. Report awaited.
53. Nirmal Saxena,”English Translation of Camatkara Cintamani,’1996-99. Report submitted.
54. P.Ramachandra Rao,” The Study of Various Materials described in Ansubodhini of Maharsi Bharadvaja,” 1997-99. Report submitted. Publication in the IJHS.
(i) (With N.G. Dongre and S.K. Malviya) “Prakasa Stambhanabhida Lauha of Maharsi Bharadvaja (a novel transparent material of range 5000 to 1400cm-1),”33.4 (1998) 270-80.
55. G.V. Rajamanickam, The Traditional Naval Archteciture and Impact of European Influence (16-18th Century A.D.),” 1997-99. Report awaited. Publication in the IJHS.
- (i) (With A.P. Greeshmalatha) “Kattamaram in South Kerala: A Study of Constructional Techniques,” 30. 2-4 (1995) 87-102.
- (ii) “Traditional Sea Knowledge Prevailing among Tribes of Andaman and Nicobar Island. “32.1 (1997) 29-46.
56. K.S. Mathew, “Navigation Influence Traditional Shipping,” 1997-99. Report awaited. Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “The Portuguese and the Study of Medicinal Plants in India in the Sixteenth Century,” 32.4 (1997) 369-76.
57. N.G. Bandyopadhya, “ Kaiyadeva Nighantu, English Translation with Scientific Commentary,” 1997-98. Report not submitted.
58. S.Balachandra Rao ,” Critical Study of Karanakutuhalam and Grahalaghava with English Translation,”1998-2001.Report submitted.
59. C.K.Raju,”Madhav and the Origin of Calculus,”1998-2002. Report awaited
60. Ashok Kumar Das,”Jade and other Hard Stone carving in mughal India : A Study, of Techniques and Art History,” 1998-2000. Report awaited.
61. S.Vadarachari Veeravalli,”An Engineering Study of Tank/Anicut Irrigation system,”1999-2002. Completed.
- (i) (With Sandeep Garg & Sunil R.Kale) “Dams- An Engineering Analysis of Alternative,”34.4 (1999) 289-315.
62. S.Jabiz Raza,”Science & Techonolgy in Sirat-e-Firoze Shahi,”1999-2000. Report awaited.
63. Mohd.Arif,”Devlopement of Medical Science in Medieval India,”1999-2002. Report awaited.
64. Nirmal Saxena,”English Translation of Vangasena’s Cikitsasarasamgraha,”2000-2003. Report submitted.
65. M.S.Sriram,”A Critical Study of Tantrasamgraha by Nilakantha Somasutvan and its Commentary,”2000. On-going.
66. S.D.Sharma,”Siddhanta Iattva Vivaeka: English Translation and Critical Commentary (Analysis based on modern Astronomical theories),”2000.On-going.
67. B. Rama Rao,”Editing and English Translation of Parahita Samhita- A comprehensive Treatise on Ayurveda of Medieval Period,”2000-.Did not commence.
1.D.M.Bose,S.N Sen & B.V.Subbarayappa (ed),A Consise History of Science in India ,1964-68.Published by INSA,1971.Reprint 1989.
2.S.A.H.Rizvi & W.H.Abdi,”Some Aspect of Indian Mathematics in 18th and early 19th century India ,”1980-83.S.A.H Rizvi obtained Ph.D. on the project from Cochin University.
3.Satpal Sangwan & V.N.Datta ,” Science and Technology in India in the Company rule ,”1980-83.Satpal Sangwan obtained Ph.D. on the project from Kurukshetra University.The thesis is published by Anamika publication ,Delhi1992.
4.A.K.Bag ,”Chronological National Diaryfor History of Science and Technology in India,”1981-82.Discontinued.
5.S.N.Sen ,Science Education in India in 19th and first half of 20th Century ,1981-88.Published by INSA,1992.
6.Shabnam Shukla & S.R.Singh ,”Development of Botanical studies in the 19th Century India ,”1981.Ph.D. programe. Discontinued. Shabnam Shukla published the following :
(i)”The Calcutta Botanic Garden : Its Establishment and Ramifications -Robert Kyd to George King:1787-1897,” Bengal past & Present ,113(1994)26-43.
7.Durga Prasad Bhattacharaya ,”A Survey of Bengali writings on Science and Technology,1800-1950,”1984-86. Report submitted.publication in the IJHS.
(i)(with Ranjit Chakraborty & Rama Deb Roy )"A Survey of Bengali writings on Science and Technology :1800-1950 ,"24.1 (1989)-8-66.
8.N.C. Dutta ,”Indian zoologists and their contribution from 18th Century onward,”1983-85.Discontinues.
9.S.N.Sen & K.S.Shukla (ed),History of Astronomy in India ,1984-85.published by INSA on the occasion of IAU colloquium 91, 1985.Revised 2000.
10.S.C.Shukla & D.K.Agrawal ,”History of development of Soap Technology upto 19th century ,”1983-85.Report not submitted .Publ;ication in the IJHS.
(i)"washerman and washing materials in ancient India" 19.4 (1984)314-22.
11.S.Zafar Mahmood & A.Rahman ,” Development of Iron and Steel Metallurgy in India (1947-82),” 1984-86.Discontinue.
12.M.C.Chaki,” History of geometry in India in 19th and 20th Century ,” 1984-87.Complete. Report not submitted .
13. H.C.Verma & P.N.Singh ,”Engineering Policy and PWD in the Victorian Age (1842-1902),”1984-85. Dicontinued
14.Arvind Kumar Sharma & B.R.Singh ,”History of Inland Fisheries,”1985-88.A.K.Sharma obtained Ph.D. from Bihar University .
15.A.Vasantha,”Biographics of Scientist ,”Vol,I,1985-88. Report submitted
16.J.N.Sinha & R.I.Shukla ,”Science Policy of the British in India during World war II,’1985-88.Completed . Report not submitted.J.N.Sinha obtained Phd from Delhi,University.
Publication in the IJHS
(i)”Origin of Indian Science policy :M.L.Sircar to M.K.Gandhi 1875-1935,” 27.2(1992)171-82.
17.Arun Kumar & Aparna Basu ,”Engineering education and public works (1906-1947),”1985-88.Arun kumar obtain Ph.D. from DU.
18.W.H.Abdi ,”Biolography of Ramanujan ,”1986-87. Report submitted.
19.J.N.Kapur ,” Development of Mathmitical Science in India in the 20th Century,”1986-89. Report submitted.
20.S.K.Chatterjee,’Calander reform in India in Modern time ,”1986-88. Report submitted
21.K.V.Mittal,”History of Civil Engreeing in India 1901–1947,’1986-88.Discontinued
22.S.M.Sondhi & Shushila Kaushik ,” Science and Technology as a component of India’s Foreign Policy ,”1986.Discontinued.
23.S.N.Sen & SantimoyChatterjee ,”On the development of physics Astrophysics , Astronomy and Goephysics during the period 1800-1950,”1986-88.Report published in the IJHS as supplement in volume27-29, (1992-93).
24.S.P.Ray-Chaudhary ,”History of Plant Pathaology in India,”1986-88. Report submitted.
25.A.K.Saxena & A . Vagiswari ,”History of optical Glass Industry and Optical Technology in India ,”1986-88. Report submitted.publication in IJHS.
" Optical glass:Its manufacturing in India:A Historical Perspective", 26.2(1991)219-31
26.S.Varadarajan ,’ Develpoment of Mineral Industry in India (1850-1985),”1987-88. Report submitted.
27.S.K.Pandey ,’ History of Development of Neurosciences in India with special reference to Neutrological Society of India ,’1987-88. Report submitted.
28.S.D.Sharma ,”Investigation of cometary record of Indian Tradition,” 1988-89. Did not commence.
29. Durgaprasad Bhattacharya, “Role of Intellectual and Scientific Societies during the 19th century,” 1988-90. Discontinued.
30. P.V. Sharma, “History of Pharmacy in Modern India,”1988. Discontinued.
31. R. Selvarangan,” Research Studies on History of Training in India,” 1988-89. Report submitted.
32. G. Satyanarayan, “ Diseases of Tea in India and their Control,” 1988-89. Discontinued.
33. B,M. Johri, Hundred Years of Botany in India, 1988-94. Published by Oxford University Press & IBM, Delhi, 1994-95 in two volumes.
34. Tuhina Roy,”Man’s Quest for knowledge of Material-A decisive factor in Development of Western Scientific Thought -An Understanding for India Quest,”1989-90. Report not submitted.
35.K.T.Acharya ,”Food Technology Development in india (1800-1947),’;1990-91.Report published by Oxford University Prees, Oxford .1991
36.S.N.Sen & J.Sthanapati ,"History of Magnetic Studies in India (1850-1980),”1990-92.Published in the IJHS.Vols 30-31(1995-96)as Supplement.
37. A.K.Sen Sarma ,"History of past Major Cyclones in India ,”1990-91. Report not received.
38.A.Vasantha ,”A Biography of Scientist in india ,Vol.II,”1991-92. Report received.
39.B.B.Baliga ,” Origin and Development of Nuclear physics in India ,”1991-93. Report not received.
40.S.P.Raychaudhri,” Cultivation of Sandal Wood Tree in India –A historical Survey ,”1991-92.Discontinued.
41.K.G.Ramanathan ,”Some Aspect of Mathamatical Works of Ramanujan,”1991-92.Discontinued due to the demise of the investigator .
42.Harkishan Singh ,’History od Pharmaceutical Development in India during last two century ,’1994-95.Report published by Vallabh Publication ,Delhi 1998 under the series History of Pharmacy in India .
43.Santimony Chatterjee ,’Maghnad Saha and his time .A short History orf physics ,Astronomy and Allied Sciences in India in the period 1900-1946,”1992-94. Report not submitted. Published the following article in the IJHS.
(i)"Meghnad Saha: The Scientist and the Institution Builder,”29.1(1994)99-110.
44.A.K.Chakraborty ,” Development of Astronomical Studies in Bengal in Company’s Time ,”1992-94.
45. Uma Shankari, “History of Technology of Tank Irrigation,” 1994-9.Report submitted.
46. Ashim Mukhopadhyaya, “Sir Jagdis Chandra Bose in Periodicals (1985-1985). An Anthology of Literature by J.C. Bose,” 1994. Did not commence.
47. B.S.Narsinga Rao, “History of Nutrition Research in India and the Role of National Institute of Nutrition,” 1994-99. Report submitted.
48. S.K.Chatterjee,"History of Calendars of East AsianCountries,” 1994-96. Report not submitted.
Publications in the IJHS:
- (i) “Balinese Traditional Calendars,” 32.4 (1997) 325-46.
- (ii) “Traditional Calendar of Myanmar(Burma),” 33.2 (1999) 143.60
49. P.K.Basu,” Jnan Chandra Ghosh: Educator and Administrator,”1994-96. Discontinued
50. B.K.Lahiri and P.K. Mazumdar , “Development of Topology in India during post
independence period,” 1994-95. Discontinued.
51. S.K.Mukherjee,”Evolution of Madhu Meha(Diabetes mellitus) in India during 19-20th
century,” 1994-96. Report submitted.
52. Jai Krishna and K.V. Mittal (ed), History of technology in India (1801-1947),
1994. Special Monograph under printed by INSA in 2001.
53. J.N. Kapur,”Updating and Editing of the Project entitled Mathematical Sciences in
India during 20th century,” 1994-95. Discontinued .
54. D.P. Chakraborthy ,”Development of Chemical Industries 1900-1947,”1995-97.
55. N.P. Jaishanker, “Traditional Coconut Processing Techniques in India since
Prehistoric times,” 1994-97. Report not received.
56. A.K. Biswas, “Lafont, Sircar and the 19th Century Science Movement”
1996-99. Report submitted.
57. Satpal Sangwan, “Sciencec and Environment in India in the Age of Imperialism: ”
A Hand Book of Source Meterial,” 1996-99. Report submitted.
58. S.Bhattacharya, “Popular Perception of Science in colonial Tamil Nadu 1890-
1940,” 1997-1999. Report submitted.
59. B.M.Johri “History of Biological Science” 1996-99. Report awaited.
60. Purnima Sardesai,”Indigenous Response to the Introduction of Western Medicine
in the Madras Presidency 1800-1940,” 1996. Did not commence.
61. C.B.Palit,”Science and Nationalism in Bengal: 1876-1947,”1997-2000. Report
received published as a book entitled Mahendra Lal Sirkar and National Science,Ratna
Prakashan,Calcutta 2000. Publicatioin in the IJHS.
(i)"Dr. Mahendra Lal Sirkar and Homeopathy,” 33.4 (1998) 281-92.
62. J.J.Shah “English Translation of a Gujarati Book entitled life and works of Jaikris-
hnabhai,” 1997-99. Report published by Chatur Bidya Mandal Trust. Vallabh
63. S.K.Jain “Botanical Archieves of India,” 1997-2000. Report submitted.
64. D.V.Raghwan ,S. Arunachalam, V.R Murleedhar, “Formattive Years of Space
Research in India ; An Oral History ,”1997-98. Discontinued.
65. S. Sriramachari, “History of Indian Council of Medical Research and its Institutes,”
1997-98. Did not commence.
- 66. Harkishan Singh,”History of Pharmacy, Practices and Pharmecy Related Statutes,” 1998-2001. . Publication in the IJHS:
- (i) “Pharmaceutical Society of India : The oldest Indian pharmaceutical Organisation,” 35.1 (2000) 67-76.
- 67. Snehalata, “Studies on Taxonomy and Economic Aspects of Garcia da Orta’s Plants (16-20th century A.D.),”1998-99. Did not commence.
- 68. Deepak kumar,”Institutionalization of Agricultural Science in Colonial India-A Study of Madras Presidency (1853-1948),” 1998.
- 69. Chandana Roy Chaudhary, “The Life and Works of D.M.Bose,” 1998-99. Discontinued.
- 70. Amit Ranjan Basu,”Reconstructing a History of Indian Psychiatry:Studies in uneven Consents to a colonial Science (1850-1950),” 1999- Report awaited.
- 71. Indivar Kamtekar, “Technology in Defence of the Empire: Army and Technological Change in British India (1859-1947),” 2000- Did not Commence.
- 72. Niladri Bhattacharya, “The Science of Geology in Colonial India: (1780-1950),” 2000-. Did not commence.
- 73. Bhaskar Mukhopadhyaya,”For a Social History of Time: Almanacs in Bengali Modernity,” 2000-Report awaited.
- 74. Smriti Kumar Sarkar,”Social Roots of Crafts Techniques: a Monograph on the Blacksmiths’s crafts of Easterns India (18-20th A.D.),” 2000-On-going.
- 75. B.K.Sen ,”Growth of Indian Scientific Periodicals: 1901-1947,”2000-2002.Report published as suppliment in the IJHS Vol 37-38,2002-2003.
- 76. G.S. Sodhi,”Indian Civilization and the Science of Fingerprinting,” 2000-On-going.
77. T.V.Venkateswaran,”Geographical Imigination: Modern Geogrephy and the Popular Scientific Texts in Tamil (1830-1930),” 2000-2002. Report awaited.